Sunday 22 June 2014

Armour Template: Breastplate

Began work on the breastplate template today and got it almost done.

The front of the cuirass is going to be made up of 4 pieces, 1 for the chest and 3 for the abdomen.  This will allow for maximum mobility as I want the armour to be practical as well as look good.

I took measurements around my chest, back (just under arms) and neck then halved each as I'm making the front and back separate. For the length I measured from the base of my neck to just below the ribs.


Neck cut was marked with a compass and cut using an 'x acto' knife (the one I use is the model knife from Games Workshop).

Sticking with the winging it method I stood in front of a mirror and shaped the piece as best possible and put a mark just under by arm so I could gauge the cuts for my arms.

Lots of trial and error and trips to the mirror to get the fit right.  It's still a bit wide across the chest and needs further trimming.


Proof of trial and error ^_^


So the breastplate is nearly done and just needs a bit more trimming and the bottom curve added to give it some shape but it's getting there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment